Inmates are permitted 1 hour of visitation per week. Visitation periods are in one (1) hour increments. Sign up for visitation will start one (1) hour prior to the desired visitation period and stop one half (1/2) hour prior to the start of the desired visitation period. (Example: if you desire to participate in the 1:00PM to 2:00PM visitation period, sign up will be from 12:00PM to 12:30PM).
Daily visitation times are:
1:00PM to 2:00PM
2:00PM to 3:00PM
6:30PM to 7:30PM
7:30PM to 8:30PM
8:30PM to 9:30PM
The inmates are eligible for visitation based on their housing area assignment:
Monday: Pod 3-1
Tuesday: Pod 3-2
Wednesday: Medical Housing Unit (MHU), Pod 2-2, Classification Housing Unit
Thursday: Pod 3-5
Friday: Pod 2-1, Pod G-1 (Cleaners Only)
Saturday: Pod 2-5, C-2 Block, D-Block, D-Block Annex
Sunday: Work Release, C-Main (ITP - Inmate Trustee Program)
Sunday Administrative Segregation (Adseg) Juvenile Housing - 8:00AM to 9:00AM, 9:00AM to 10:00AM ONLY
Sunday Level 5 Housing AC Status and CL 5 / CL 5H Status - NON-CONTACT VISITATION ONLY
Non-Contact visitation will be conducted as follows:
8:00AM to 9:00AM, 9:00AM to 10:00AM - AC Status Visitation
1:00PM to 2:00PM, 2:00PM to 3:00PM - CL Status Visitation
6:30PM to 7:30PM - AC Status Visitation
8:30PM to 9:30PM - CL Status Visitation
Any / All inmates housed in the Level 5 Unit on RHU / DC / SMU status shall NOT receive visitation.
General Rules and Regulations
A list of approved visitors shall be established during the initial commitment process and recorded on the inmate's visitation log. Only those people listed will be admitted. The basic list may contain a maximum of eight (8) names. It shall be the inmate's responsibility to furnish the complete name, age, complete address and relationship of those listed. Changes may be made by the inmate every thirty (30) days or more.
Minors under the age of eighteen (18) may visit when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, and need not be placed on the visitation list. These Minors need to be the biological child(ren) of the inmate. In the case of a spouse under the age of 18, prior verification of age and marriage will be required. Persons who have been incarcerated in Lancaster County Prison during the previous 6 months normally will be denied visitation approval. (Exceptions may be granted for immediate family in extraordinary circumstances). NOTE: The name of a visitor may be removed for good cause; however, the inmate will be informed in writing of the decision and the reason such action was taken. The inmate shall have the opportunity to have such decision reviewed by the Administration by submitting inmate request form.
Inmates with SEX OFFENDER charges or convictions will be RESTRICTED FROM VISITING with any juveniles unless otherwise stipulated by the Court.
Visitors must produce a current/valid government agency identification that lists the visitor's NAME, AGE, CURRENT ADDRESS, and PHOTOGRAPH of the person presenting the ID. A driver's license or state issued non-driver identification would meet those requirements. Parents/guardians escorting children/minors must show proof of relationship and the child’s ID/age. Normally a birth certificate suffices.
Visitors should arrive at the prison an hour prior to the scheduled visitation time so they can sign up. Cut off for sign up is 30 minutes prior to the actual visit.
Individuals found to be under the influence of intoxicants, disorderly or improperly dressed, will be denied entrance.
Children under the age of 18 must be the biological child of the Inmate. The Inmate’s name MUST be on the Birth Certificate. No other minors are permitted visitation. If the Inmate is married, the step-children are also considered to be able to visit as long as the Marriage certificate is presented ( the Birth Certificate must also be presented with the Spouse’s name). However, not more than two (2) persons, including children, may visit at a time.
The parent or guardian is responsible for the conduct of the child while on prison property and failure to exercise control may result in non-admittance, termination of the visit and or expulsion from prison property.
Any inmate violating visiting regulations is subject to restrictions or suspension of visitation privileges.
Visitors are to place all belongings, pocketbooks, jewelry etc... in lockers located in lobby. NOTHING is permitted within the prison. If property is left unattended, the Prison is not liable for any loss incurred.
All visitors are subject to search - failure to comply will result in non-admittance.
Any visitor caught yelling from the street / sidewalk / adjoining property / or Prison property, to any inmate in the Facility, shall have their visiting privilege suspended for 30 days for a first offense 90 days for a second offense and 180 days for a third offense.
NO CELL PHONES / FOOD / DRINK /OR TOBACCO PRODUCTS ARE ALLOWED INSIDE THE INSTITUTION. THIS INCLUDES THE LOBBY. IE. CIGARETTES / LIGHTERS / MATCHES / ETC.
SPECIFIC RULES GOVERNING CONTACT VISITS
A. Contact Visitation
All inmates will be permitted contact visits as a privilege. (see appendix for visitation schedule.) The only exceptions would include, but not be limited to any inmate who would pose a security risk or threaten the safety of staff or visitors. In these circumstances non contact visits may apply. Inmates housed in the Restrictive Housing Unit will not receive visitation. Inmates housed in the Intake Unit will not be permitted visit if housed on the Unit less than 14 business days.
B. Contact Visitation Will Operate On The Following Basis
1. Physical contact shall be permitted to the extent of embracing and kissing a visitor on arrival and departure, and holding a child.
2. All prisoners and visitors will conduct themselves in a manner consistent with reasonable standards of public decency.
3. The visit shall occur in an informal, open atmosphere where overcrowding is avoided.
4. The visit will take place under official observation and prison staff may only interfere with the visit to maintain security, enforce prison rules, or prevent infractions of visitation rules.
5. Visitors will be searched and their mouths visually checked prior to entrance.
6. Inmates will wear prison issued scrubs only. No under garments will be worn by MALE Inmates. All Inmates will be strip searched upon completion of visit. (Exception to scrubs is Work Release).
7. During escorts to/from visitation and during the ENTIRE strip search process, inmates are restricted from talking. (NO TALKING RULE).
8. Inmates will enter the visitation area after visitors are seated and exit the visitation prior to visitors leaving.
9. Any Inmate, on any type of disciplinary status, will not be permitted visitation until S/He is off the disciplinary status.
10. At no time are the chairs to be moved off the yellow tape lines. The inmates back is to be against the back of the chair at all times.
A. Professional visitation is granted to individuals such as attorneys, probation officers, police officers, and clergy (approved through the Chaplain).
1. Inmate and visitor are subject to all prison regulations and visitation rules.
2. The professional visitor is not to give the inmate any material.
3. Smoking is not permitted.
4. All visitors must sign the prison register and produce identification. These persons must also wear a prison I.D. tag or Lancaster County issued ID.
B. Professional Visitation Hours: Monday - Sunday
7AM - 9PM / (7 DAYS A WEEK)
ALL PROFESSIONAL VISITORS HAVE BEEN INFORMED TO EXPECT DELAYS, DURING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INMATE MEAL PERIODS/INMATE SECURITY COUNT TIMES/INMATES INVOLVED IN PROGRAMMING AND EMERGENCY SITUATIONS ETC.
An inmate who cannot have contact visitation on an ongoing basis with family members because of distance, work requirements, special commitments etc., may submit a request for consideration of a special visit to the Major. Reasons for the special visit must be outlined in sufficient detail so a reasonable determination can be made on approving or disapproving the request.