END OF YEAR INFORMATION
1. THANKSGIVING: The Courthouse will be closed on Thursday, November 26, 2015 and Friday, November 27, 2015.
2. Christmas: The Courthouse will be closed December 24, 2015 and December 25, 2015.
3. The Prothonotary’s Office will close at noon on New Year’s Eve, December 31, 2015 in order to process filings by end of the year.
4. New Year’s Day: The Courthouse will be closed on New Year’s Day, January 1, 2016.
5. We are required to process any filed documents before the end of the year because the case numbers change as of January 1st. I would appreciate your getting them in as early in December as possible. Liens and judgments should be filed by December 15th. With the holiday and reduced staff due to vacations, this will allow us time to process them by December 31st.
6. The last day for Divorce Finals to be submitted in the Prothonotary’s Office and get signed by a judge in 2015 will be Wednesday, December 16th. Any finals submitted after that date will not go to chambers until the 28th and come back the 4th of January 2016.
7. Divorce Decrees 2016: please make sure that all Divorce Decrees are marked for 2016
8. When filing Divorce Decrees, we need to have one original and one copy for each party that is part of the suit. We also need a proper sized envelope, with postage affixed, addressed to each party to whom a copy is to be mailed. Please also indicate who is to receive a copy on original decree by way of “cc”.
9. When filing documents, we need to have the case number on the top right hand side of each page. (Local Rule 205.2(a)E) This includes exhibit pages.
Thanks for your consideration; we look forward to serving you in 2016.
PRIOR TO FILING WITH THE PROTHONOTARY OFFICE, PLEASE REFER TO THE PA RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE AND LANCASTER LOCAL RULES OF COURT FOR APPROPRIATE DOCUMENTS AND RULES.
About the Prothonotary
The Office of Prothonotary is responsible for the recording and filing of legal papers for the civil side of the court system. These legal papers and documents can include topics and issues such as:
Mission: To fulfill the statutory responsibilities in as efficient, cost effective manner as possible, while focusing on providing exemplary customer service and utilizing automation to achieve both efficiencies as well as improved public access to the civil record of the court.